Hit and runs (where one driver in a car accident leaves the scene) are downright scary. Most are prompted by fear of repercussions and panic. However, that doesn’t excuse the fact that you left the scene of an accident where someone may be hurt.
Chico’s Paint & Body is the best auto body repair shop in Montgomery. We specialize in auto body repair in the event of accidents as well as auto paint jobs. We offer a lifetime warranty on our collision repair jobs to ensure you are satisfied with your collision repair. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what to do if you are ever the victim of a hit and run accident. Contact us today for all your auto body shop needs!
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A HIT AND RUN
- Call emergency personnel. For accidents involving bodily harm, you need to alert the authorities so help can come right away. Once the initial call for help has been made, then it’s important you write down all you can remember about the other car involved and about the other person if you saw him or her. Car color, car make, and any car damage you noticed will be important to the authorities when they try to track this person down.
- Witnesses and/or video. Nowadays, odds are, someone else saw the accident and/or it was captured on security cameras or by a cell phone. Try to find the witnesses to get their statement. The local authorities will investigate any security camera footage.
- Document the damage. For any car accident Chico’s Paint & Body in Montgomery recommends that you always take pictures at the scene of the accident if possible for evidence. Most insurance companies will want pictures of the auto body damage, and it’s always a good idea to have proof of the auto body damage if it’s ever questioned in court. Since this was a hit and run case, if the driver is found and charged with hit and run (which is a crime), you could very well need these pictures.
- Make sure you report the hit and run to the police. If someone was injured, odds are the cops will already be there to file a report. However, if your car was hit in a parking lot and sustained damage, the cops wouldn’t come out unless called. Making a police report documents the auto body damage officially and will help the investigation.
- Follow up with insurance. Your auto body damage will be covered by your auto insurance. Be sure to call them, and find out the proper procedure for reporting your claim.
- Make an auto body shop appointment. You’ll want to get your vehicle scheduled for collision repair with your local auto body shop and paint shop.
In Montgomery, the best auto body and paint shop is Chico’s Paint & Body. Our specialty is you, not your car. We do our utmost to ensure you are taken care of by repairing your car and restoring it to its original condition. We value your business and want to be sure you are 100% satisfied with the auto body repair and with the customer experience. Contact us today to get started!