If you drive for any stretch of time, odds are you will experience an accident at some point in your driving career. Hopefully, it’s just a minor fender-bender, and no one is hurt. Whether you’re in a major car accident or just a tussle, Chico’s Paint & Body can help. We offer collision repair and paint service that is top-notch and customer-care oriented. From the moment you walk through our doors, you’ll experience the difference. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to drive safely and avoid accidents because, although we’d love to see you, we’d rather you didn’t need our services. Contact us today!
HOW TO DRIVE SAFELY AND AVOID ACCIDENTS
- Keep your eyes on the road. Distracted drivers are one of the most common causes of car accidents that lead to you needing collision repair services from an auto body shop such as Chico’s Paint & Body in Montgomery. The car is not the place for putting on make-up, eating your lunch, or pushing your dog back into the back seat. It only takes a few seconds of not paying attention to rear-end someone or worse.
- Don’t text and drive. Remember the days when you didn’t feel obligated to answer the phone? Nowadays with smartphones, everyone feels as if texts and phone calls have to be answered immediately. Texting takes your eyes off the road, and talking can slow reaction times, especially if you’re in a heated discussion. Be safe, and don’t text and drive.
- Don’t drink and drive. This should be a no-brainer, but according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every day 29 people on average die in a car crash from an alcohol or drug-impaired driver. That’s one death every 50 minutes. Even if you manage to avoid an accident, you could get pulled over and end up with a DUI, a felony in a lot of states, that can affect you for the rest of your life. Taking a life when it could have been prevented is never worth it.
- Don’t speed. In 2017, speeding car accidents caused over a quarter of all traffic fatalities. In fact, the faster you drive, the higher the likelihood you’ll die if you get in a car accident, which goes for striking pedestrians as well. Wherever you’re headed, it’s not worth the few minutes you’ll save by going fast if you get in a car accident or strike someone.
- Follow the rules of the road. You think this one would fall under the “duh” category as well, but it doesn’t. Ignoring stop signs and red lights is another huge factor in automobile accidents that will cause you to earn a trip to your local body shop in Montgomery, or Chico’s Paint & Body. Ignoring railroad flashing lights is not really a good idea since a train weighs infinitely more than your car or truck. Again, getting to your destination a couple of minutes sooner is just not worth it.
Chico’s Paint & Body in Montgomery understands that getting in a car accident isn’t exactly as exciting as getting a date with a special someone you’ve been wanting to date for a while. If you’re in the Montgomery area, give us a call today for all your collision repair and auto paint needs today!